FAQ & troubleshoot IKEA Home smart app and gateway
Check the latest compatibility information in the App Store or Google Play.
- Check that the gateway’s power is on. If not, check that the power supply cable is correctly attached.
- Verify that the gateway is connected to your home router via a cable and that the router has internet connectivity.
- To continue, you need to download the IKEA Home smart app from Apple App Store or Google Play and follow the step-by-step guide in the app to set-up your gateway.
- Follow instructions in the app on how to set-up your gateway and how to connect the steering devices and light sources.
- Find the QR code on the back of your gateway and scan it with your mobile phone following the instruction in the app. If you have a problem scanning the code, you can type the gateway code manually. You’ll find the gateway code on the back of your gateway. If you still have a problem, check that all cables are connected and then try again.
- Secure that your mobile phone is connected to your Wi-Fi network; the same network the gateway is connected to.
- If you have problems, set-up the gateway by following the steps in the app. You can reset your products by carrying out a factory reset and installing again.
You can also watch these films for instructions:
How to install TRÅDFRI gateway kit
How to reset your gateway to default setting by factory reset
You can use IKEA Home smart products with Amazon Alexa if you have a TRÅDFRI gateway (for market and language availability, please refer to Amazon support). Follow the instructions in the integrations menu in the IKEA Home smart app, meaning that you should first enable the Amazon Alexa integration in the IKEA Home smart app and then enable the IKEA Home smart skill in the Amazon Alexa app. If you experience issues, disable the integration in both IKEA Home smart app and Amazon Alexa app and then enable it again, first in IKEA Home smart app and then in Amazon Alexa app.
You can use IKEA Home smart products with Google Assistant if you have a TRÅDFRI gateway (for market and language availability, please refer to Google support). Follow the instructions in the integrations menu in the IKEA Home smart app, meaning that you should first enable the Google Assistant integration in the IKEA Home smart app and then enable the IKEA Home smart service in the Google Home app. If you experience issues, disable the integration in both IKEA Home smart app and Google Home app and then enable it again, first in IKEA Home smart app and then in Google Home app.
The factory reset will clean up all data saved in the gateway and make it re-form a new Zigbee network. It will also work on the latest Over the Air (OTA) image it updated to so far and revert to the factory flashed firmware. This can only be triggered by using the pinhole-button. The rest of the system is left intact, meaning that you can continue to use the rest of the devices in the system.
You can reset your IKEA Home smart products back to the original settings (factory reset).
For light sources:
Toggle the main switch 6 times.
For remote control, wireless dimmer or motion sensor:
Press the pairing button 4 times within 5 seconds.
Open and remove the gateway lid. Push a pin into the pinhole on top of the gateway for at least 5 seconds until the LED light stops flashing.
For control outlet:
Push a pin into the pinhole on top of the control outlet for at least 5 seconds until the LED light stops flashing.
Press both up and down buttons on the blind for 5 seconds.
How to reset a TRÅDFRI light bulb
How to reset the TRÅDFRI remote control
How to reset the TRÅDFRI dimmer
How to reset your TRÅFRI motion sensor
How to reset the TRÅDFRI gateway